beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Yes those are fine but look for 1 that lasts for a long time. Usually people just run their return pump in case of an outage to keep the system running or just a power head for the tank itself but you want one that will not die right away.

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I guess they serve enough energy to back up important stuff? They power 10 plugs though and what's more consuming. Core i5 and monitor or t5 and pumps.. anyone with electrical knowledge

Sent from my MB870 using Reefs

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
They are good in a pinch and can run a power head for a few hrs, nothing beats a generator , but they will do just fine , a have given a few of these away to reefers on mr and it gives em good piece of mind !

Im 1 of the lucky ones I got only my 2 power heads conected. Gives u some sense of peace of mind. At least gives u some time to rush home and set up ur generator.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not worth it IMO. A few hours out wouldn't require this.

If you run an air pump only then I can see it lasting for more than few hours but a return pump will drain this sucker fast.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Keep in mind that some of these units have half the ports as backup and the other half as surge protection only. A while back I discovered that a critical item was connected to the surge outlet and not the backup outlet. :banghead: This unit has 10 outlets, but only 5 are backup and the other 5 only have surge protection.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Connect it to one single circulation pump and team it with a(normally off) battery air pump in the fuge should give you enough time to buy and setup an generator in case of long term power down.. When there is a major power down, your return pump may have been shot anyway, so with or without battery back up to the return pump does not matter anymore. Many reefers get thru Sandy just using battery air pumps. Of course, if you have many temperature sensitive items, then a generator is unavoidable.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: