46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I recently downgraded size of my tank to a 36G elos tank. I had my MP40 from a previous setup.

I have the MP40 dialed in on the lower side in this new setup usually in reefcrest mode or logoon. If i turn it up just a little (still under half power) its over powering and some corals start to close sand blows all over etc..

So i was thinking about getting a mp10. Do you think it worth it? or should i just stick with the lower setting on the MP40?

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah everything is fine! To me seeing the setting so much lower makes it look like it not working the same as when i had it cranked up. I guess that is in my head though...

I also like how the mp10 would have a smaller footprint.
Good to know so your mp10 works well on the 34G?

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
i have 2 mp10esw in my 34g solana. i have them on pluse on 100% all my coral dont seem to mind it. but i do run it off apex wmx so its in reefcrst and pulse every couple hour. i have to agree setting it below 50% seems like theres no flow at all.:p

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i have 2 mp10esw in my 34g solana. i have them on pluse on 100% all my coral dont seem to mind it. but i do run it off apex wmx so its in reefcrst and pulse every couple hour. i have to agree setting it below 50% seems like theres no flow at all.:p

2 mp10 set to 100%! wow i thought that would blow everything around?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: