B1N4RY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Up until this point I have been utilizing Poland Spring water as top off freshwater for my aquarium. This probably has brought on most of the algae issues as I use Nutri-Seawater for my regular salt mix. It utilizes an Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump since the main water pressure is only 35 PSI. This unit requires a minimum 60 PSI to function properly. I am pretty happy with the system so far. I made my first batch of top off freshwater and I'm hoping to see some phosphate levels drop in the next few weeks.

My new Water General 150 GPD RO/DI Water Filtration Unit. Some Assembly required.

Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump which pulls water from the kitchen sinks main cold water source.

Plumbing split from the kitchen sink main cold water source. One goes to the Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump and the other goes to my refrigerator.

My new Water General 150 GPD RO/DI Water Filtration Unit installed under the kitchen sink.

turbotone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..get a bucket (whatever size that can fit in the space your working with 10,20,30 gallon etc) and purchase a auto shut off kit.. you might not forget a few times that your making water but eventually you do.. kit cost about 20.00-25.00 bucks.. its a good investment and it might just save you alot of damage and clean up in the future..also those di canisters arent the best due to their sideway design.. i think it'll utilize the bottom portion of the di resin and leaves the top unused to slightly used so I've heard and have been told so.. also try to invest in a tds meter.. whether its hand held or a dual inline to monitor your water output at least to make sure your water is at 0 tds.. lots of luck

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
+1 on the auto shut off. i have one on my rodi, i try to make water when i'm home cause i don't trust it or myself. i have gone to bed and forgot it on but it did what it supposed to do and shut it off. i wouldn't do without it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: