jose7878

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a sump you can t-off the return. Put one to the DT and the other to your refuge or to your return section. Put a valve on the both ends of the T and throttle it back till you get the correct flow to the DT.

Or you can buy a smaller pump like a mag 5-7.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Either put a valve to turn down your pump, or switch to a better return pump for your system. Such as an eheim (maybe 1260) great pump

and forget the mag line... To much heat and noise compared to the better pumps out there ;)

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Either put a valve to turn down your pump, or switch to a better return pump for your system. Such as an eheim (maybe 1260) great pump

and forget the mag line... To much heat and noise compared to the better pumps out there ;)

Plus one on the eheim ,super quiet,efficient and low heat..that mag you have is too much pump for that tank and if you put a valve to tune it down the pump is only overworking itself to overheat and burn out(happened to me with a mag 9.5)

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Plus one on the eheim ,super quiet,efficient and low heat..that mag you have is too much pump for that tank and if you put a valve to tune it down the pump is only overworking itself to overheat and burn out(happened to me with a mag 9.5)
Valves on the output side of a pump do not cause undue stress or overwork a pump. That is true if they are valved on the intake side. The likely cause of your burnout issue was likely the brand of pump and not it being valved on the output.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Valves on the output side of a pump do not cause undue stress or overwork a pump. That is true if they are valved on the intake side. The likely cause of your burnout issue was likely the brand of pump and not it being valved on the output.

Couldn't agree more about the brand of pump...I always valve on the output...neadless to say I will never use a mag pump again...eheim pumps are awesome!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: