skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I used to use the one from autotopoff.com... then changed over to using float valves on my RKL... So if you have a controller... it would probably be easy to transition to that without excessive spending.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I have the Tunze 3155 on my AIO because I needed something precise and reliable. The only downside I found is that it needs a reference point so when doing a water change I have to fill just below the sensor then plug it back in. It will start filling as I finish filling until the water hits it. If the water is already above the sensor when plugged back in it won't work.

brand

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Tunze best so far. When new maybe has some issues but then works fine.. best equipment in my reef. when new soak optic sensor in vinegar or soap..then it breaks in...i do water change np. i take out display water and fill in sump...same out goes in ..when it starts runs for few seconds and shuts down... ..+1

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm using an Avast ato and I love it. It's got a pressure sensitive switch which is very easy to set up and I don't have to worry about snails or salt creep. Works by itself or can be used with a controller.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Just get one from autotopoff with two float switches

When the pump runs dry it really does not run dry, there is water in the impeller shaft splashing around

Eventually u know how long before you need to refill and rhe pump noise also alerts you

2nd float switch prevents over filling with topoff

$50

Or jump on the fancy one that affordable aquatics is selling for half off

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: