duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
People running calcium reactors do you add anything to your reactor to keep mag stable or do you just dose it. My mag is getting used up quickly and wanted to see if there was a kind of media that can go into the reactor

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Well shouldn't mag be released as well by aragonite media? Mag was absorbed by the skeletons of stony corals which make up the media. When the media is broken down mag should be released.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Duke62, I just want you to know one reason I stop using ESV salt was my Mag was to high with little coral I had. You might not be adding the right amount of Mag with ESV salt. Are you testing your Mag level when you are mixing your Salt. Start from there....

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I did same and I was getting very high readings. I added exactly what the sheet said. My Mag levels were very high it was always 1800. Try testing a batch and see what reading your getting out of 20 gal new mix. See if its on target in new mix. I think you will see its off....Check.....

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Since you are using ESV you can add little more Mag part to your water changes to make your adjustment . All you have to do is add more Epsom salt in the last step of making salt. Will help in your levels being higher than 1250...

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: