skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
It's ok, however too simple of a design. If you wanted to build one out of a glass tank with the same layout it may be cheaper.

If you were to request a bit more customization, it would benefit from the addition of a filter sock holder, larger skimmer area (based on skimmer used), and a probe holder built in.

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It's ok, however too simple of a design. If you wanted to build one out of a glass tank with the same layout it may be cheaper.

If you were to request a bit more customization, it would benefit from the addition of a filter sock holder, larger skimmer area (based on skimmer used), and a probe holder built in.

Thank for reply.. That what I wanted a basic design.. Sorry not too fond of filter sock only the first week of initial setup you know clear the water. glass aquariums are ok if you use a internal pump but I be using external pump so I be adding a bulkhead and later in the build probe holder..I love the Trigger system sump my opinion i think they are best one out there.. But with that type of money I can use it in another area like a great skimmer..

Last edited:

Greagzter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Not trying to bash the company as I havent gotten anything from them nor do I know anyone who did. This looks exactly like the trigger system design, which I find to be simple and effective. This is a quote from the ebay description "Made of 3/16 - 1/4 inch High Grade Acrylic our products are guaranteed against manufacturing defects and leaks for 90 days." Personally I would never go with anything thinner than 1/4. Although their sump is braced, I am almost sure that if they have used 3/16 acrylic that it will bow sometime after the 90 day period. It is, however, normal for acrylic to bow a bit.
Some glass tanks could be drilled to install a bulkhead (make sure its not tempered glass) and if you are trying to save money, then do not completely rule this out. You could pick up a used 40 breeder which is slightly larger (36x18x16) then the sump you are looking at for less then what you would pay for acrylic.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: