Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Didn't really know where to put this but my rodi water froze outside and the faucet adapter I have doesn't fit the new sink or bathroom sink. Looking for an adapter to put on the faucet diverter sold by brs. I need the female threads to screw into the male threads already on the faucet.

Or some rodi water to hold me over till friday for top offs. Running low! Thanks!

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
What about hooking it up from under the faucet? BRS gives you a black t fitting that threads right inline with the cold water supply. This is neater that hooking up to the faucet. This is how i hooked my unit up and its been working great. Just another idea.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
if you shoot me a pm with your e mail address i can send you a pic with the pieces im talking about. H
Connectingwatersupply_zpsbf746c6a.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0

Take the piece you have to Ace hardware..in their plumbing section they have a cabinet (with fold down drawers- the best I can explain it..) that has all of this kind of fittings in it. Often you will need 2 that screw together and then attach to your faucet - with the piece you have.

The other option is the brass adapter that is used to screw a 'Python' onto a faucet also works for some of the RO units...if you know anyone that has one of those.

IMO a much better option than piercing a hole in the pipes under your sink, though many have done that as well.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
+1 on not punching a hole in the water supply line. but the BRS T adapter threads right onto the water supply valve and right onto the quick connect for the faucet. It can easily be removed in the future whereas fixing a hole in the copper pipe is not so easily reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: