Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
so its time to replace the bulbs on my 6 bulb tek light, i do like the blue look as opposed to say a 10 k look. my original thoughts were to do 4 kz super blue 1 kz fiji purple and then 1 white between the 12-16 k range. so looking on aquariumspecialty.com i came across the newer of the geisman bulbs, last i used them they only had 5 different ones now they added : lagoon blue, and aqua pink to their arsenal of bulbs, anyone have any experience with these 2 newer ones? if so input? is the lagoon blue really like a turquoise color like its described as? also any other bulb preferences may help

petraio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
what type of corals do you keep ? will be good to know to suggest ! bulb combo !
the lagoon bulb will look white once fired next to a blue bulb if you will fire up the blue lagoon next to a 6500k ( daylight) you will see that lagoon blue color !! in few word it is a whitish/ blue bulb ! I run * bulbs my combo is at the moment since october!! 6 blue plus 2 purple plus ! ATi !! i have 95% SPS and they colored up like never before at this moment !
and the algae Growth is cut down to 60-70% less
good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: