Vibemyreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello people, I just purchased a hydra 52 and director. After 3 days of back and forth with AI and several updates it works!! I'm concerned about the buzzing / humming sound it's radiating. I believe it's the dimmers for the LED because it only does it when running >100%. I mentioned it to AI and they said it was tested to be a "tolerable" sound. Definitely not true, was wondering if anyone has this fixture or any other from AI that makes this buzzing sound? If it can't be fixed I'm going to have to look into another fixture. Some feedback please!

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I believe it's the dimmers for the LED because it only does it when running >100%

you mean <100%? if its >100% ur over driving the driver and led. perhaps thats why its making weird noise? i am sure thats not the case.

i notice the not "well made" driver does make sound when its dimmed. if its a really sharp buzz i am sure there is something with the quality of the driver. i use to have a AI SOL and its silent. talk to AI, ask them to check them out. a tiny buzzing is normal, but a loud sharp buzz u can hear from couple feet away is not normal.

Vibemyreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I ment when it's running less then 100%... At 100% it is dead quiet even ear to module u hear nothing. When I go through the settings (20%40%60%80%) it's very obnoxious and I can hear it from 10+ feet away they claim it's normal I'm not sure what to do here. Wanted to start fresh with a high end LED and radion is out of the question because of it's design flaw and expensive control that's basically a beta box from what I gathered.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: