Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Bubble Magus BM-T01 Dosing Pump (they suggest you replace the hose every 6 months)

Hello everyone I figured everyone who has this dosing pump will eventually notice getting less ml being dosed over the course of owning this pump. Its actually a very simple thing to maintain just takes about 15 min.

I figured everyone who has this dosing pump will eventually notice getting less ml being dosed over the course of owning this pump. Its actually a very simple thing to maintain just takes about 15 min.

This is what the hoses looked like after more then a year :shocked:

Things you will need

- New hoses

(Peristaltic) If you buy a long piece just cut to size and use the old blue hose connectors.

Available at premium aquatics - https://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/BM-DRT.html

- Lube

You start by squeezing the 2 clips on the sides to remove it from the dosing pump.

Then once you have it off there are 4 clips that hold the back plate on the head.

This is what you see when you remove the back plate.

When you remove the hose you will notice these plastic clips that are in the slot of the head. (replace them back in its slot)

Now take out the rollers and apply the lube to the pins that the rollers sit on. (A little bit for each roller is great)

Insert rollers in the head and make sure they are spinning by turning it with your fingers. Replace the tubing and make sure those little black plastic clips are back in its spot as noted above.

Replace back plate on the head and just put it back on the dosing pump and your good to go.

Last edited:

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
After doing this fix make sure you adjust the dosage. It will probably be less needed than what you have it set at being the new tubes will pass more fluid than the old tubes...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QUESTION!!!

I bought the tubing from Premium Aquatics and it seems identical to the original tubing. It even came with new blue connectors. I took everything apart and replaced the tubing and used silicone grease from ACE Hardware. Its the kind used for O rings. Now none of the heads are working!!! The metal rod in the middle spins, but the roller pins don't move

I tried taking the heads apart again and took the grease out because I felt it might be too thick and not working well as a lubricant, but they still aren't working. I don't want to have to buy 3 new replacement heads now. PLEASE HELP!!!

jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the same I did not even re grease them as there was still plenty on them. are you sure you clipped them back on in the right position?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
QUESTION!!!

I bought the tubing from Premium Aquatics and it seems identical to the original tubing. It even came with new blue connectors. I took everything apart and replaced the tubing and used silicone grease from ACE Hardware. Its the kind used for O rings. Now none of the heads are working!!! The metal rod in the middle spins, but the roller pins don't move

I tried taking the heads apart again and took the grease out because I felt it might be too thick and not working well as a lubricant, but they still aren't working. I don't want to have to buy 3 new replacement heads now. PLEASE HELP!!!

Did you make sure tubing is tight against the rollers and the clips holding them in place....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for responding so quickly!!

Everything was put back in place correctly. The clips are holding the tubes in place and I just took it back apart to make sure that the tubing was tight. This actually helped the second head, but it still doesn't seem to be working as well as it was before. I have no idea what to do. Will white lithium grease work just as well as the silicone? I can take them apart and give that type of grease a shot. Any reasons I shouldn't use it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after fiddling with it I was able to get the first pump to work perfectly. The second pump is a little slower but seems to be working well enough. The third pump still needs some tampering.

BTW, I hope white lithium grease is okay because I went ahead and gave that a shot.

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Anyone know the phone number to B/M? I sent them an email a week ago and still didnt get a response.. My doser screen went black.. it still doses what it was set to dose but i cant adjust anything.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: