• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I am looking for suggestions on a media reactor for my gfo/rowaphos that is capable of holding enough media/gfo to handle 300-320 gallons of total water volume. I currently have a deltec fr509. A mrc fdc 422 that I am currently using for carbon. This one is huge and am sure it could handle the volume of gfo/rowaphos I would need. I also have a older vertex alpha rx-15.
I am thinking about using the mrc since it's bigger for my gfo/rowaphos and using the vertex for my carbon.
Which one do you guys think is more viable? My phosphate is high so I woukd say gfo for now. I honestly don't know the benefits of running carbon except when using medication it helps get rid of it. Also supposed to keep water crystal clear
Any suggestions or thoughts please let me know

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I was just joking nottick. I will actually be in your town later on. And I have my big big boy pants on today. Mom picked them out for me. When you find out which 1 Richie owns let me know.
@thirty6 yeah let me know when you can

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a BRS dual reactor and I can't see why it wouldn't be large enough for that tank. You can fill both canisters with GFO of you like, although I think that may be overkill for the tank. It's a simple reactor that can be used in MANY different configurations. I have mine hard plumbed into my system off my bulkhead with 1/2" PVC and a ball valve.

BKLYN REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
i really like the vertex media reactors. built solid and provide great flow for media. had mine plumbed off a minefield and it was perfect. if thats out of the price range i also like the deluxe model BRS reactor. not the dual.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: