reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Yeah so if someone can help me with tuning a skimmer that would be great. I have the skimz monzter dc 163, and i literally dont know what to do. I just know that one knob controls water out, one knob controls air in, and I can also adjust pump speed.

Currently I have the air all the way open, the pump on max, and I adjusted the other knob so the water line is pushed up to about mid way up the cone. I have no idea is im heading in the right direction or not..

brooklynfc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I find it difficult to believe you have a hard time adjusting a skimmer after all the tanks you have kept or are selling with all the livestock in healthy condition. You just let it break in a few days and adjust afterwards to your bioload

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i have a skimz also, and they are difficult to tune in.
try keeping pump at max.
close the air valve, then open it just a crack
adjust gate so water level is at bottom of cup, then let it run for while

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I find it difficult to believe you have a hard time adjusting a skimmer after all the tanks you have kept or are selling with all the livestock in healthy condition. You just let it break in a few days and adjust afterwards to your bioload

I'm only selling one tank. Haha. And I only had a wet dry on my old tank. I had been skimmerless on my 90 and it worked out wonderfully. But I figured I would try to do things more properly on this tank

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
i have a skimz also, and they are difficult to tune in.
try keeping pump at max.
close the air valve, then open it just a crack
adjust gate so water level is at bottom of cup, then let it run for while

OK I'll try that and see what happens. But I thought the point of protein skimmers was max air

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: