reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
So i have a massive amount of bubbles coming out of the drain into the sump. Anyone know how to decrease the amount of bubbles coming out? They end up being so many, and so small that they get through the bubble trap and make it back into the DT.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
this is where the drain comes in

Attachments

• DSC02921.jpg
    DSC02921.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 177

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
yes I understand
I have the same problem if I don't use filter socks , because my drain is so fast looks like Niagara falls , so I will suggest to use a filter sock to minimize bubbles going to your display also add a foam block to your bubble trap

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
yeah my issue with the filter sock is it clogs too fast, plus there are so many bubbles coming out. so with that combination it basically turns the filter sock into a protein skimmer by the end of the day.

I'll try the foam in the bubble trap. which side? outflow i assume?

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
how does one clean filter socks properly? I still need to figure this stage out to make long term filter sock usage viable. And how many do you basically rotate through?

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
That's weird! Do you have any more pictures of the rest of the plumbing? Are you sure those bubbles aren't coming from your skimmer?

Try putting a 45* fitting at the bottom of your drain

yup im sure theyre not coming from the skimmer. If you take a look at my tank build thread linked in my signature you can see all the plumbing pics.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
yeah i did that. put it down all the way and theres still bubbles coming out. i guess its just the nature of the beast, unless I can make some type of diffuser for the end of it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: