fishywoo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I have had mine Since january. Mine is the Skimz Monzter SM203 DC Internal Protein Skimmer. I have in the past owned Deltec and an ATB. This is hands down the best skimmer I have owned. I have heard stories of the DC pumps failing
but so far after 7 months I have not had any problems. This skimmer is easy to set up and does an excellent job of skimming

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks fishywoo. Very pleased that you also mentioned using Deltec and ATB previosuly and consider this up there with them especially being priced way, way lower. I've dealt with those companies in the past and love them minus the price tag.
From what I read seems like the 5000 recirculating pumps had issues when they originally came out some years back but were in the process of changing it up. Glad you haven't had any issues with them, knock on wood lol but seems like most of the pumps were breaking within the first month or so.
What's the total water volume on your system? If you don't mind me asking.
Thanks again

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks Duromega! Haha I just realized you two are using the 203 and not the 302! I think I have to pull the trigger, my problem is the system is around 1000 gallons and I only have a max height of 27" to work with. Had to retire the AE TECH ETSS Quad 1800xr and I cannot find another for the life of me. Again guys thanks for the responses.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: