jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Tryin 2 c If anybody knows anything about these lights I've contacted Orphek but 4 some reason they know much about there lights I asked how much spread does one led give dependin on da height dat I put it ati n they sent pics wit parameters does anyone have these lights n if do would like some advice on setting them up

ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
i have these lights and they are worth every penny the growth of the corals is insane, they blow ecotech marine radions out the way. The only negative is that they are android based but who cares. i ahve an ELOS 160 and i needed 2 of these lights. They are extremely quiet.

jkidd155

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm settin a new set custom 150 deep dimension thinkin Lps softies brains meaty corals some easy 2 take care of sps how many would I need tank is 36x36x27 I've heard they cover 36x36 dont know it dats tru I have radion G3 pros on my 265 at 12"inches above n they cover 30x30

ivandrago

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I have a 150 gallon and it covers it perfectly fine I don't know who told you 125 gallon needs 4 that's serious OD, call Scott he's really nice guy and he gave me a break on he price for the lamps his number is +1 (765) 749-5223. This is a pic of my tank with 2 Orphek

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
At $1000 each, you'd need to buy 4 for your typical 125 gallon tank. If the math adds up that's $4,000 for lighting. Plus tax of course.

False these lights are amazing and blow any light away hands down, the lights are 2 foot long and cover a 4' spread, i have one over my 120 and have no problems growing anything, they are 1k a piece for the dual chip and i believe the single chip is 900, there is no spotlight affect at all and there is no overkill on the blues either, for your tank id use 2 of them

kasha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
False these lights are amazing and blow any light away hands down, the lights are 2 foot long and cover a 4' spread, i have one over my 120 and have no problems growing anything, they are 1k a piece for the dual chip and i believe the single chip is 900, there is no spotlight affect at all and there is no overkill on the blues either, for your tank id use 2 of them

so your tank is 4 x 2 x 2?

can you post some pics?

thanks!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: