mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeba UV steriliser

After fighting algea for about 1 year i gave in and decided to reinstall a uv filter.My kids asked me what i wanted for my birthday and i said a uv unit. After the blank stair settled out they gave me a budget. I looked around and had sticker shock.So i went to ebay and looked. After looking and reading then going to youtube and watching i decided on the Jeba uv unit. Well after 1 week it finally got here.Unboxed it and set it up. As i expected it leaks. As all the videos, reviews and comments said it would. Out to to store for teflon tape. Disassemble and seal all the joints.And let it run in vinigar and water and prep for the install. I have a 55 gallon with a 14 gallon Sump. I had a 18 watt in the past and it did not do a good job so i decided to go for the 39 watt (yes i know its over kill). After doing some major maintance and installing the steriser and doing some other mods 6 hours later. It is in and running. The unit with 3 bulbs Plumbig part and a couple of other things it cost about $100. In the past i had to clean the Tank glass every day because of the algea buildup. Its been running for 3 days and I have not had to touch the glass because of algea. I know its not the best steriser but out Of frustration and cost i had to do it. Lets see how long it lasts and the job itwill do in the Long run.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: