Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So I have a geo 618 I believe with aquarium plants co2 electronic co2 doser

I had this dialed in using tlf reborn and my tank was doing great !! Then it came time to refill media and co2 I did that about 5 weeks ago and haven't been able to dial it back in I tried removing 1/2 the media
Took kalk out of top off but my alk continues to climb and my sps r not happy !
Alk is going from 8-9 over corse of a day
Reactor out put is wide open and co2 is set for lowest setting 1 bubble every 10 seconds ( anyone know if there's a way to adjust bubble size in my case make it smaller)

I also tried turning cal reactor off to see if my kalk could keep up with demand ( thinking maybe with the stress on sps that my demand had lowered) it was dropping my cal /alk ......

Why could I get it dialed in b4 but not now I'm wondering if my circulation pump is not working well ( although it's only 6-7 months old ehime ) leaving too much dwell time inside reactor
Any one have any ideas ??? Should I get a bigger pump I actually have the larger ehime I use for wc I could try that???

Need help at this point I'm lost thank you

Last edited:

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
8-9 is not that bad of a range,albeit it over the course of one day is rather bouncing around.
I do not know your reactor, and how large it is and what size tank it is rated for and what tank you actually have it o? Your set up configuration sounds a bit off.

Do you have a way to control PH in the reactor using a PH probe?

if you don't, then I would do 2 things as a starting point.

turn off your CO2, and then next dial back your reactor output to a flow rate that is at a fast drip (almost a stream, but still a drip). Let it run that way for at least a half hour and then re check your drip rate. If it's still set good then turn on your CO2 and adjust bubble count (at the current drip rate) down to 1 bubble every 2 seconds. Let it run and check your tank's ALK and CA reading in a day. Any adjustments from there should be done with bubble count..
Let me know if this helps you out

Jim C.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I have a ph probe in my reactor that's reading around 6.98 or so ..... I Havnt let the reactor run more then a few days because I figured it would just continue to raise my cal /alk and if I go above 11 alk I get rtn STn

When I get home I'll take a video so u guys can see exactly how I have it set up
I have an apex but have been controling with american pin point ph controller I can get the ph steady in the reactor
And with in range I was under impression the controller was more for a fail safe / back up incase something goes wrong
I could set it up through apex to turn my electric co2 doser on and off at certain ph or for certain times a day but I had it working right b4 steady rock solid alk 8 cal 420 ????? Pulling hair out

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Danny I've tried turning the black knob in front my doser but just stops the release valve goes off Does anyone have the aquarium plants doser how do u change bubble size right now I have a big fat bubble going once every 10 secound a that's lowest setting if I could make that bubble smaller less co2 I think ill be able to get it dialed it

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Danny I've tried turning the black knob in front my doser but just stops the release valve goes off Does anyone have the aquarium plants doser how do u change bubble size right now I have a big fat bubble going once every 10 secound a that's lowest setting if I could make that bubble smaller less co2 I think ill be able to get it dialed it

you need to adjust the regulator not the doser to decrease the output pressure, i think about 7-10 psi.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hi Ill shoot one tomorrow I did finally get the alk dialed in at 8 but it must have been too late I had slight STn at the base of few acros which is turning into rtn over last few days on about 30% my acros : ( gonna take my lumps and bumps hopefully some will make it and recover I can just never seem to get to a full grown in sps reef something always happens ....gonna stick to stylos and birdsnest for a bit till tank seems better will post few pictures tomorrow

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: