nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Algae Bloom

I've run into a problem since switching to the Hydra 26's with green algae. My glass gets a green film, I clean it and it's almost like a powder, remakes the glass green within minutes. I'm gonna run a GFO reactor w/BRS GFO media that I picked up from Gotham Aquatics. I don't have a PO4 test kit but I'm picking one up tomorrow to know how I'm doing. I currently am dosing RedSea NO3; PO4-X (2ml) a day for high nitrates 20ppm last week when I tested. I have (2) Hydra 26's over the 24 x 24 x 20 cube, currently (4) fishes - pair of 3" clowns, 4" PBT, and 2.5" pink Anthia. I tend to over feed because I feel that they don't get enough, lol.

Is having two Hydra 26's overkill? I don't keep SPS only LPS, zoas, and mushrooms.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
That's a lot of light for your size tank and what your keeping. I have one over my JBJ 45g and it measures 20x26 and I'm keeping SPS and a magnificent anemone. I think you'd have more then enough light with just one centered over your tank.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Hydra 26

I think I finally found the perfect blend of colors. One thing I still haven't quite figured out is my moon lights? I set the moon cycle to start around 11pm when my ramp down ends and should turn off at 2am however they stay on through out the entire night. What am I doing wrong?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: