b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Does anyone have experience or heard of anyone connecting these lights to a Apex? I was recently told this may be possible through a rf module/switch or something. I understand the Apex can and will do any and everything but I haven't seen or heard about this being possible anywhere.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
If it's 0-10V signal then, as cmantis said, they can be hooked up to apex. You don't need the vdm even, there are two 1-10 ports (the rj45 jacks on the apex) built in that can control up to 4 c hannels. I have my DIY lights hooked up that way and they work great. All you need is acable that communicates with apex. You can make one yourself. I wrote an article about it some time ago, check it out https://www.reefs.com/blog/2012/12/...-lights-with-neptune-systems-apex-controller/

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Sunny you are stating they are good or bad.
I sold all my to zo6 for under 1500 for units 18 of them and controllers / I posted them for need next to nothing. I sent b-ridge a pm told him to sign up for the aquarium lighting group on face book . this is run by tullio from reef brite . All uestions are answered. Myself went back to REEFBRITE metal halides with there supplement blue led and a400 watt 6700 k bulb. Spent over 15 k on leds where is the savings.

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Sunny you are stating they are good or bad.
I sold all my to zo6 for under 1500 for units 18 of them and controllers / I posted them for need next to nothing. I sent b-ridge a pm told him to sign up for the aquarium lighting group on face book . this is run by tullio from reef brite . All uestions are answered. Myself went back to REEFBRITE metal halides with there supplement blue led and a400 watt 6700 k bulb. Spent over 15 k on leds where is the savings.

I guess I have to answer.

Fathom LED are the best LED lights out there. They worked wonderfully well on my reef and I loved the lights while they lasted. Check my tank thread for pics.

Alas, they are extremely unreliable and tend to break down. 7 out of the 11 I had malfunctioned.

Add to that that FATHOM LED was a one man show. When that one person is out of commission what do you do? Watch your reef die or scramble to switch your lights to something reliable.

I know there are multiple folks here and on other forums who bought these lights because I went that route, but I also know they are all in the same boat right now.

Great lights but, they just do not last.

Sunny

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
i guess i have to answer.

Fathom led are the best led lights out there. They worked wonderfully well on my reef and i loved the lights while they lasted. Check my tank thread for pics.

Alas, they are extremely unreliable and tend to break down. 7 out of the 11 i had malfunctioned.

Add to that that fathom led was a one man show. When that one person is out of commission what do you do? Watch your reef die or scramble to switch your lights to something reliable.

I know there are multiple folks here and on other forums who bought these lights because i went that route, but i also know they are all in the same boat right now.

Great lights but, they just do not last.

Sunny

+1...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: