lovefish77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi everyone, i just got this dosing pump today. After calibrating it, it does not seem to accurately dispense the correct/precise amount of fluids. Whenever i program it to 2ml for instance, it releases 3.5-4mm. Any idea what i am missing?

any help appreciated

thanks

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Sorry, yes 100ml.

Primed is just to have all the airline hose full of fluid before you calibrate, just a tad more accurate with this doser.

I would just calibrate to the 100 again. It should be fine.

I had to twice

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thats what im saying lex and what hes saying....we calibrate to 100ml, but its not accurate to what you dial in....i had the same problem needed say 3ml x 3 times a day, but it would disperse 5ml which was too much and would raise my cal too much....so to get my 3ml i had to calibrate to 75ml i believe

lovefish77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks everyone, so I get it there is smoke fiddling involved I guess. I was thinking of returning to amazon and getting a replacement thinking its a malfunction.
Just to note from my observation, I tried 5ml and it was off by an extra 1 ml or so, so it seems part of the problem is me wanting to dispense 1-2 ml (my tank needs 4-5ml of Ali per day that's all and I wanted to do it in 2-3 increments), it seems to be more accurate with higher volumes. So will keep trying it backwards as you guys mentioned, so will try calibrating to 75 ml or so and trybto play it backwards.

But just wanted to make sure it's not a malfunction, stay tuned will keep you posted and thanks everyone

mfs1855

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I returned my first in as one of the pumps didn't work. I've notices with the new one that one pump was dossing less that what was calabrated, so I switched to an unused pump on the unit and it's working now. If you don't have an extra pump, you can but a replacement one for $10 from banggood.com

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: