reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
So I finally bit the bullet and ordered an apex system. It should be arriving a bit later today and I know I'm going to want to set It up ASAP, but am going to try to hold off until I have a better idea how this thing works.

I basically built my own apex gold but traded the top probe for a probe holder for slightly less $$. The calibration fluid for the salinity probe is coming from BRS so that will probably be here later in the week.

When mounting these, does anyone mount under the tank or do you try to keep it out from under the tank so it's a bit further from the corrosive salt and humidity.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
you defiantly want to keep it away from the humidity and salt water splashing. Neptune wont cover damage related to anything water or salt related.

Thanks.

Right now im thinking about getting a small piece of 1/2" ply from home depot, painting it black and mounting everything next to the tank. May also need to get some short extension cords to get full use of the EB8 while its all the way off to the side of the tank.

Bulldog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Thanks.

Right now im thinking about getting a small piece of 1/2" ply from home depot, painting it black and mounting everything next to the tank. May also need to get some short extension cords to get full use of the EB8 while its all the way off to the side of the tank.

That's what I did I have mounted to a 24x24 and its off to the side of the tank

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
There is no end to the time and money people have put into mounting and wire management in regard to the apex. Some people literally have 30 gallon tanks with 2-3k put into the electronics and controllers. A quick web search will surely give you some good ideas.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
ok, i think i got it working. I unlinked then relinked my apex to the fusion database and now its showing up. Didnt think to do that because i was still able to control the outlets remotely from the fusion.

atorres53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
ok, i think i got it working. I unlinked then relinked my apex to the fusion database and now its showing up. Didnt think to do that because i was still able to control the outlets remotely from the fusion.
You are going to love it. Last week my wife call me complaining that the external waste collection cup was leaking. I shut my skimmer off from my iPhone and the leak stopped.
Angel

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: