b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Debating between 2 gyre 130's or 2 brand new qd mp40's. Will be placed on a 240 gallon tank. 60 long. 36 wide with overflows built in the middle of the sides of the tank. Thinking about hooking up to apex. What's your thoughts or possibly other suggestions

Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I'm in the same boat. I was thinking about a pair gyre 150s. They push a lot of water whenever I see them. I think I would be sold on the apex wav if I was to see them in person.

If you go with the 2 gyre how were you thinking about placing them? I was thinking both in the same wall and one vertical and the other horizontal.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I was thinking about placing them horizontal. Would have to go with the 130's cause I don't think I would have enough space between overflow and the tank
I've never seen the apex wav in use also. I did hear they aren't as powerful as the mp40's

Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I was thinking about placing them horizontal. Would have to go with the 130's cause I don't think I would have enough space between overflow and the tank
I've never seen the apex wav in use also. I did hear they aren't as powerful as the mp40's

You heard wrong. I can't put them over 60% in my 150 without a sandstorm. They're probably closer to mp60 than 40's.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I'm still undecided. Just was reading the gyre are no good with 5ft long tanks or better. The flow weakens the farther they go. Just like the mp40's. That's why people put them on opposite sides. This doesn't help me much in either case since my overflows are in the middle of both sides.
Geez

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: