jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Just curious if any of you are still running the older mp-40 motor and controller with a new style QD wet-side. If so, is there a noticeable difference in noise or flow from the older wet-side? I know what ecotech mfg says, just want to hear real life results. Thanks

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
pee-wee-bike-shop.jpg

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
hey Rich I upgraded all 3 mp40's I have (all drivers,all wetsides)besides the smoother running of the dryside and the sleek looking wetside I have to say even when you crank them to max they are 100% quieter and I have noticed a wider flow with the new wetsides..probably due to the new design of it.the wetside is a lot easier to take apart for cleaning purposes..its the same design as the mp10 wetside.if your planning on upgrading yours I highly recommend upgrading the driver also

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
hey Rich I upgraded all 3 mp40's I have (all drivers,all wetsides)besides the smoother running of the dryside and the sleek looking wetside I have to say even when you crank them to max they are 100% quieter and I have noticed a wider flow with the new wetsides..probably due to the new design of it.the wetside is a lot easier to take apart for cleaning purposes..its the same design as the mp10 wetside.if your planning on upgrading yours I highly recommend upgrading the driver also

The only downside I've found besides all the positives you listed was it seems the protective cage for the wet side comes off on its own a little easier. Just my experience thus far. Only happened a few times though.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Definitely a bit more quiet. I started with the drivers which were insanely quiet compared to the older ones. Later I changed the wetside as one of my wetsides got completely jammed up. I still have the older dry sides, but they're supposedly the least of the noise contributors. You supposedly do need the newer dry sides for the increased flow.

Attachments

• IMG_6159.jpg
    IMG_6159.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 139

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
The only downside I've found besides all the positives you listed was it seems the protective cage for the wet side comes off on its own a little easier. Just my experience thus far. Only happened a few times though.

I also have both the upgraded wet side and driver. I personally feel that the driver is what makes it more quiet. I ran my old wet side on the new driver and it was way more quiet.

I agree with kworker. I personally find the new wet side to be cheap and flimsy. The cage slips right off easily. I actually already snapped 2 of front cage sticks. They are so delicate compared to old one. And I find that the new wet side and dry side don't stick to glass as firm as old wet and dry side.
Just my .02

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I agree with kworker. I personally find the new wet side to be cheap and flimsy. The cage slips right off easily. I actually already snapped 2 of front cage sticks. They are so delicate compared to old one. And I find that the new wet side and dry side don't stick to glass as firm as old wet and dry side.
Just my .02

I like the "style" better as they look nicer.. but do seem to be lower grade in plastic for sure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: