b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Ok Manhattan reefs. In need of your expertise once again. I am running a reeflo hammerhead gold pump plumbed with a manifold that I don't use. It was bought and installed about 5 years ago. I went into my basement last night and noticed it leaking. It may just be a seal or something minor. Or it may be something broke and something major. The inside which I beleive is a impeller is still spinning and returning water to my tank
Anyway. I was planning in changing the pump anyway do to the wattage consumption. I'm looking for something for energy efficient that could handle a head room of 10'. I forgot what the recommended return flow of a tank my size and water volume is. Tank is 240 gallons. Sump is 125. Fuge is 75. All together 300-320 total water volume. Tank is mainly softies and lps right now. I do plan on getting a couple sps pieces in the future. Monti caps, pocillopora. And birdsnest and I know sps love flow. I would hope with the 4 mp40's that would be good enough
Anyway enough with the rambling. Can I get some suggestions please. Thanks again all

dirtrider29

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have the reeflo yellowtail which is a smaller pump but pressure rated. I have it running on my tank with a head height of 25' and it pushes a ton of water. It is hooked up to a manifold in my basement running my external skimmer, chiller and media reactors with enough power for more if needed.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Wow. Definitely sounds powerful. Is it energy efficient? Did you have any problems with the seals or what not so far? I'm hearing reeflo are good strong pumps but they consume too much energy, cost too much and don't last

dirtrider29

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I've had mine for about a year now without any problems. I know they come with a 5 year warranty. I went with a smaller reeflo pump at first which was not powerful enough for me so I sent themail a message on a Sunday night and received an email back in about 30 min which was very nice. I would send them an email and explain to them what you are looking for. In my opinion they are a great company with many different pump options.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've heard of people getting a powerful pump and installing a valve after it to adjust the return flow. Check out the tank threads I'm sure you'll find someone in your boat.

ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
I have been using Dolphin 6250 model with type 4 seal and this pump is works very well and it is quiet and definitely runs cooler than reeflo hammerhead which i have running as return pump and dolphin as closed loop, If i can find 1 more dolphin i would change that in a heart beat.. JMO

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
@ravi-thanks for the input but looking it up it draws more power than the reeflo hammerhead(watts).
I am thinking about the new ecotech pump. I beleive its the L1. Just don't know if it will give me enough flow for my tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: