ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
As title says . .

I cant decide which is best. I'm leaning towards the MP10s but wanted to get some feedback before pulling the trigger and coughing up the $$.

Here are the tank dimensions for your reference: 29.5? x 22.44 ? x 19.7?
the glass thickness is 10mm (appx. 3/8+").

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

whispers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
My tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 225

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
That question was for reef monkey - if he's going bare bottom he can crank up the MP10's - if he has sand, 2 MP10's would do the trick as Noob points out.

FWIW

House

Yes it will have sand.

Whispers - Thanks for sharing the pics . . your tank looks great.

Since my rock work is fairly open and thanks to the "hard" evidence from whispers I think 2 MP10s will work out with my set up.

The only problem now is to figure out a way to hide the purchase from the wife :scratch:

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got a single mp40qd on my 54 corner and the most I can run is 30% without things blowing all over the place. At max I blew a clownfish out of the tank. I didnt realize how powerful the new pumps are. I run multiple mp60's on my 700 and they dont seem to cause that much disturbance.

kimilkwon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I had a mp40 on my 70 and ran it at 25-30% with one directional flow, now have 2xmp10wqd and like it much better and it is a lot of flow.

I like the smaller profile too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: