redtigrinus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Does anyone here have any experience with these 2 lights? I'm getting ready to start a new build and I want to use T5 lighting (Non-dimmable). I really like the look of the Giesemann Matrixx II, but looks arent everything and at the end of the day I just want a light that performs well.

Anyone care to share their opinions?

Thanks

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have the 8x80w ATI Sunpower. It just flat out works. Period. I bolted a BML LED strip to the front for a little more blue/violet boost, just because. It looks great. More importantly, the stuff in the tank looks great :)

I'm sure the Giesemann is a winner too, the Germans know what they are doing with aquarium gear.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a 6x39W Dimmable with a 36" reefbright on the back. I was on the fence between the dimmable and non dimmable. I have to say that I am quite happy I got the dimmable. The options it provides are well worth the extra cost, and the dimming function looks really great. Just thought I would let you know.

redtigrinus

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until now everyone that I've talk to with a dimmable fixture has said they have had to replace the ballast at least once in the first year of using it. This is both ATI and Giesemann. One user of the dimmable ATI also said the fixture arrived with faulty wiring and had to be corrected. That's why I am leaning more towards the non dimmable plus the dusk dawn effect doesn't matter to me I like the idea of the bulbs will last longer as well.

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I spoke to ATI about the bulb life and they claim there is no negative effect to dimming the bulbs as long as they are burned in for 50 hours prior to dimming. I didnt have any issues with the light being wired wrong and it has worked properly since I began using it in mid November 15'. I purchased the light new so if I have a ballast issue Im sure ATI will stand behind the product. I did see people had issues with this light when it was first introduced, but that was years ago. Im sure you will be happy with whatever you choose ATI or Giesemann they are both solid choices. Just wanted to give you my .02. Add me in as the 1st person you have spoken to happy with my dimmable and using it without an issue. If I have a problem I will update the forum.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: