Raed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey guys, as you can see in the photo, I have a manifold that is feeding 2 reactors, Arid, chiller and the return ( the slanted pipe in the back).
A pitchy bubbling noise started a few days ago and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 159

Raed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yes, the bubbling noise is still there with the skimmer off. Definitely in the plumbing. Tried increasing the flow and it would go away for a few mins then comes back. The reefer systems are dead silent so would love to get rid of that bubbling noise.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I know you said its a bubbling noise, but would you also say that its a gurgling noise or a sucking noise?
I only ask because I have the nano version and had a issue with the gurgling noise in the sump, the solution was to adjust the flow. I needed to switch out the Rio pump i was using to an Ehiem pump. I had to play with the flow to get it right.
With the sucking noise, that was from the overflow box. Adjusting the flow on the downflow pipe helped.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Each of your manifolds is aiming down. It's possibles there is air trapped inside and just churning because bubbles want to go up and not down to exit the manifold. I would open the valve completely on the manifolds one by one to use the force of water to push the bubbles out. You might need to disconnect the reactors while doing that. The problem can arise again if the pump slowly accumulates bubbles again from micro bubbles or turning off the pump.

Raed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Each of your manifolds is aiming down. It's possibles there is air trapped inside and just churning because bubbles want to go up and not down to exit the manifold. I would open the valve completely on the manifolds one by one to use the force of water to push the bubbles out. You might need to disconnect the reactors while doing that. The problem can arise again if the pump slowly accumulates bubbles again from micro bubbles or turning off the pump.

That's a good idea, not looking forward to doing it every time I turn off the pump :)
There is a sponge between the center chamber of the sump and the return pump chamber, so I would think that should take care of the micro bubbles?
Any better way to prevent micro bubbles from entering through the return pump?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: