DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
About to pull the trigger and think this tank will fit my needs best!

http://www.redseafish.com/aquarium-systems/max-aquarium-systems/max-e-series/

Have always valued this site, so curious to hear opinions. It will be a tank housing inverts, fish and soft corals mostly as I do not plan on keeping many SPS corals.

I plan to get the larger one with the added sump.

Welcome all thoughts as I have never used this company before.

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I just dont like the AIo system look with filtration in the back. I know you can go with sump as an extra under cabinet but then need to get all new filtration. Skimmer, etc. i went with the red sea reefer 250. Picking it up tomorrow. I like i can add whatever euipment i want. Customization!!

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I just dont like the AIo system look with filtration in the back. I know you can go with sump as an extra under cabinet but then need to get all new filtration. Skimmer, etc. i went with the red sea reefer 250. Picking it up tomorrow. I like i can add whatever euipment i want. Customization!!

I am debating that one as well, just not sure I need all the customization. Both look great. Love to see your tank once it is up!
Best luck

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I bought the 450 reefer last week but had to get rid of it. I opened up the box just to see it i was blown away by the detail and finish of the glass. Pickin up the 250 tomorrow. Im sure it wont dissapoint. Sooner or later you will want to change things up. Plus you have all that space behind taken up by the filtration. I will surely start a thread.

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I bought the 450 reefer last week but had to get rid of it. I opened up the box just to see it i was blown away by the detail and finish of the glass. Pickin up the 250 tomorrow. Im sure it wont dissapoint. Sooner or later you will want to change things up. Plus you have all that space behind taken up by the filtration. I will surely start a thread.

Just saw video on the reefer and I think you may be right! Oh boy now I am confused. What exactly are you using for a pump and everything else needed?

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Yeah its just 20" wide tank. Sump down under. I kinda went a lil on the expensive side with this build because i wanted to do it right this time because no more upgrading/downgrading for me. I have 2 radion xr30 Pros from previous build. Went with Nyos 120 skimmer. Waveline dc 6000 purrmp(apex ready) mp40 gyqd. Cobalt neo therm heater/ apex gold. Custom ceramic aquascape. Tunze ATO. Ghl profilux doser. Getting ATO containers done for fresh water and saltwater for automatic waterchange. Rodi under sink. Everything going to drain in sink plumbing etc. Etc. if its going to be done its going to be done right this time.

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yeah its just 20" wide tank. Sump down under. I kinda went a lil on the expensive side with this build because i wanted to do it right this time because no more upgrading/downgrading for me. I have 2 radion xr30 Pros from previous build. Went with Nyos 120 skimmer. Waveline dc 6000 purrmp(apex ready) mp40 gyqd. Cobalt neo therm heater/ apex gold. Custom ceramic aquascape. Tunze ATO. Ghl profilux doser. Getting ATO containers done for fresh water and saltwater for automatic waterchange. Rodi under sink. Everything going to drain in sink plumbing etc. Etc. if its going to be done its going to be done right this time.

Sounds amazing! May just go this way (with some changes) because I prefer to just do it right from the start.
You are right, I will wanna upgrade. I remember my previous tanks and not 1 stayed as I bought it!
Thanks again!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: