ATI Sun Power Fixture

rwells

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Hello all,

Need advice on a new T5 fixture for 48x24x20 tank. "MAINLY SPS"
Tank has a Bean Animal Overflow so it's 20" wide display.
Is 6 bulb fixture enough or I should go with the 8 bulbs? I like the dust to dawn effect so I'm leaning towards the dimmable fixture. When they just came out I heard a few issue with the ballast and wiring issues but I think they resolve these problems.
Please advice, Thanks Rob

BKLYNREEF123

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hey

I think the 6 bulb would work for you, but if your budget allows the 8 bulb would be nice. You might also want to consider adding some reef brights to the fixture. I have the 6 bulb dimmable on a 65 standard tank and am very happy with it. I also have one reef bright on the back of the fixture angled towards the front of the tank. The extra pop is really nice.

rwells

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Thanks for the input, reef Brite not a bad idea. What are color bulbs are you using? Anyone using 8 bulb on similar dimension?

Camer25

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I have a dimmable 6 bulb over my 110g. 48x24x22 and it is more than enough light. I actually cant run it passed 70% my sps lose color. Im still trying to get color back to them. The light output is unreal. Great fixtures. TBH an 8 bulb will be overkill.

BKLYNREEF123

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a dimmable 6 bulb over my 110g. 48x24x22 and it is more than enough light. I actually cant run it passed 70% my sps lose color. Im still trying to get color back to them. The light output is unreal. Great fixtures. TBH an 8 bulb will be overkill.
If your corals are bleaching I think you should raise the fixture a little and slowly acclimate the corals to the light. There is no reason you can't be at the point where you run them at %100. There's plenty of threads with guys (with amazing success) using 8-10 bulb t5 fixtures. Some even putting reef brights on these in addition. I think the 6is sufficient, but being that this tank will be sps dominant and you have the space I wouldn't rule it out because someone says it would be overkill.

rwells

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
If your corals are bleaching I think you should raise the fixture a little and slowly acclimate the corals to the light. There is no reason you can't be at the point where you run them at %100. There's plenty of threads with guys (with amazing success) using 8-10 bulb t5 fixtures. Some even putting reef brights on these in addition. I think the 6is sufficient, but being that this tank will be sps dominant and you have the space I wouldn't rule it out because someone says it would be overkill.
Not that I'm ruling out the 8 bulbs but was thinking about attaching reefbrite to the 6 bulb fixture. If I do the 8 bulbs I'm thinking about removing the 2 center bulbs and run LED in the center.

Featured Sponsors