Mcardle2012

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys , I have a 65 gallon reef tank . I have a 3 foot 6 bulb dimable ati t5 light fixture . My coral seem to grow just fine , that isn't an issue . I'm thinking about adding an led light for the dark blue actinic to make the coral Florence's pop . I was debating between a Kessil 160we or a Reefbrite tech 36 inch blue . Let me know what you guys think. I spent a good amount of money on the fixture I have and I will be keeping it . Whatever led I add will be just that an addition , also not looking to break the bank.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I loved the shimmer of kessil, but for the ati, I would do a reef brite.
Or
Wait a couple weeks, as SB lights will have their strip version (sbar ), out, probably cheaper with same quality.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
SB Reeflights is a company that started by Mike Herman who created a group on Facebook to prove that the generic Chinese blackbox lights work. He built a great community and in conjunction with the factory in China setup a group buy for fixtures with an improved spectrum. Since then he broke off and while the group buy light continues to be sold, his customer service and even better spectrum have become the defacto recommendation on Facebook (aside from Kessil, AI, and Radion).

He sells retro boards too if you already have the generic ebay lights. I've used the generic, the group buy and the SB spectrum boards in my fixtures and there really is a difference from the piss color you get with generic fixtures to what the SB lights offer.

Here is a side by side of ebay spectrum (like Mars aqua) versus the SB. This is with whites only.
d7aa96da5e954317251ee6c7cafea802.jpg

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
SB Reeflights is a company that started by Mike Herman who created a group on Facebook to prove that the generic Chinese blackbox lights work. He built a great community and in conjunction with the factory in China setup a group buy for fixtures with an improved spectrum. Since then he broke off and while the group buy light continues to be sold, his customer service and even better spectrum have become the defacto recommendation on Facebook (aside from Kessil, AI, and Radion).

He sells retro boards too if you already have the generic ebay lights. I've used the generic, the group buy and the SB spectrum boards in my fixtures and there really is a difference from the piss color you get with generic fixtures to what the SB lights offer.

Here is a side by side of ebay spectrum (like Mars aqua) versus the SB. This is with whites only.
d7aa96da5e954317251ee6c7cafea802.jpg
He's a great member with a TON of info on spectrum and lighting on another forum I'm on as well.

I've used their lights before, work great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: