Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Any 1 local that has experience fixing this pumps?? I wanted to replace the seal on a used pump i got but is stock and cant take it out.
I wanted to try to see if some1 can fix it b4 i send it to Reeflo for maintenance.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
The white ceramic piece is stock. I thought about breaking it since is useless after u try to remove it but i dnt wanna mess up anything.
Impeller works. I wanted to replace the seal so i dont have any surprises once is hook up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
a7d42cc2c4a7cb5d5462da7f5c20f76a.jpg

a50555f6fce5bb95b05bf947dd077f85.jpg

This white piece is stock n not letting me take the back part of the housing. Or to change the seal. I try breaking it since im gonna replace it anyways but is hard. Dnt wanna try harder n damage something

drunkenclown

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i could definitely walk you through it. thats just a standard mechanical seal assembly. just like the ones on swimming pool pumps. i have 20yrs experience.

looks like you have most of the work done. the ceramic piece is usually wedged inside of that rubber piece. but it is not uncommon for it to get stuck like that when diss-assembling the motor. it may be stuck due to failure. as someone else said just yank on it or break it off. the motor shaft is solid steel just don't mess up the threads.

to replace the other half just remove the seal plate flip it over and find something long like a big nut driver and bash that piece out. its really jammed in there and there is also silicone holding it in.

re-assmbley is basically opposite.
make sure to carefully handle the new seal you don't want to touch the ceramic or carbon faces of either half. (wear gloves if not experienced).

the ceramic half with the rubber will need to be lubricated with some type of silicone based lubricant i usually use Aladdin Magic Lube 1oz Teflon Lubricant (it usda h1 rated basically means food safe but not sure if aquarium safe does anyone know?) just put a thin coating on the entire rubber surface don't get any on the ceramic face put impeller on table and push in new piece using clean cloth or paper towel

to install the cup and spring half with the carbon face just apply a thin bead of silicone (the aquarium stuff that home depot sells is perfect)around the edge drop it in and use a large socket or piece of pipe to bash it back in just make sure whatever you use is big enough so it fits around the edge without hitting the carbon/spring part or it will crack.

if you can make it out to my shop in bohemia i could do it for you i might even have the right size seals other wise let me know if you need help or anything pm for my number if you want to talk

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
i could definitely walk you through it. thats just a standard mechanical seal assembly. just like the ones on swimming pool pumps. i have 20yrs experience.

looks like you have most of the work done. the ceramic piece is usually wedged inside of that rubber piece. but it is not uncommon for it to get stuck like that when diss-assembling the motor. it may be stuck due to failure. as someone else said just yank on it or break it off. the motor shaft is solid steel just don't mess up the threads.

to replace the other half just remove the seal plate flip it over and find something long like a big nut driver and bash that piece out. its really jammed in there and there is also silicone holding it in.

re-assmbley is basically opposite.

make sure to carefully handle the new seal you don't want to touch the ceramic or carbon faces of either half. (wear gloves if not experienced).

the ceramic half with the rubber will need to be lubricated with some type of silicone based lubricant i usually use Aladdin Magic Lube 1oz Teflon Lubricant (it usda h1 rated basically means food safe but not sure if aquarium safe does anyone know?) just put a thin coating on the entire rubber surface don't get any on the ceramic face put impeller on table and push in new piece using clean cloth or paper towel

to install the cup and spring half with the carbon face just apply a thin bead of silicone (the aquarium stuff that home depot sells is perfect)around the edge drop it in and use a large socket or piece of pipe to bash it back in just make sure whatever you use is big enough so it fits around the edge without hitting the carbon/spring part or it will crack.

if you can make it out to my shop in bohemia i could do it for you i might even have the right size seals other wise let me know if you need help or anything pm for my number if you want to talk

Pm sent

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Huge thanks to drunkenclown for taking the time to take care of me and my pump problem with expecting absolutely nothing in return.
Great reefer and great guy all around.

Mods please
Close.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: