Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been researching LED lights for weeks and I am still no closer now than I sm was when I started. I was hoping for a little help from some experienced reefers. My search criteria are; 36" wide 20" deep tank light coverage, light should be the latest tech, good interface via phone apps or otherwise, excellent spectrum for coral growth, and cost efficient (budget max around 400-450). Easy right?

I was told to look at the Photon V2 from Reffbreeders and found the Aqua Sanrise led which looks great but not a lot of reviews or feed back on these. They have what looks like a nice phone app. Runs about 450$ for the 24", which btw may not be enough coverage. Any advice on this LED? Good or bad.

I've also seen the Kessil 80 which appears to be pricey for 2 fixtures and a controller, around 600$ total. Lighting looks great except for I am skeptical about about puck led Los tight grouping casting shadows instead of full coverage of spread out bulbs.

If you have any suggestions on these or any other fixture please help. Thank you in advance!!

Rating - 100%
36   0   1
I have a aquasanrise 36" lef full spectrum, measured par i had at top about 300 and change and about 80 at bottome with lights about 10 inches or so above water level, lights only ran at about 45% or less colors were great. No dead spots in the tank since it has if i remember 22 pucks. Its fully controllable has timers control for intensity for each individual colors. Has built in wifi so you can use straight out the box. Send me a message i can further explain or answer question. Have one for sale if interested, cheaper than 3 radions with as much coverage.

Rating - 100%
36   0   1
To set the timers you down load the app from the web site and just connect using your wifi. As far as my growth i was growing mostly zoas and a few lps and sps which zoas i did notice growth with the lps and sps was a bit slow but i think its cause of some alk swing aince it looked like RTN. Considering selling just because i got a sunpower ati fixture and rather than have it laying around and breaking accidently in my small apartment i figure i can sell it for the right price if not just keep it for some plans down the road

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: