DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hey guys. trying to decide on a 4 pump doser. either save money and get the aquamedic evo 4, or go all out and get the GHL standalone ? anyone have experiences with any of these ? I'm looking for reliability and not something that ends up dumping all my additives due to a failure.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the Jebao which i have heard great things about and with the price point it seems like a great deal. It should be here today and I can let you know how it goes later in the week unless you already made a decision.

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Ive been using the jebao dp4 for 2 years so far without changing any parts or tubing. Ive been dosing 4x per day per pump anywhere from 30-120ml/day. Some of pumps are getring loud and squeeky, but theyre still accurate and its in the stand behind closed doors so i dont mind the pccassional noise. At the price of the unit, i would probably purchase a whole new unit before trying to purchase and replace individual heads. It can be a pain to program which makes me want to get something with wireless programming like the GHL, but i cant justify the price right now.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Never tried the evo, but I have a ghl stand alone for 3 years. No issues. I actually just changed all the tubing and lines after 3 years. I did have to recalibrate since new lines are clean, and the doser head tubes were less collapsed (more additive passing through). All the same original module heads and rock sold, precise dosing. Can't go wrong.

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
doser_banner_post_zps98sejzbg.png

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
thanks for the replies guys. I ended up getting the aquamedic. I just set it up last night. I'll let you all know how it is. real easy to setup. price wise it was in the middle of a jebao and a ghl. I got it shipped for $191. anything made in Germany always gets me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
so far so good. calibrating was pretty easy. i just finished running the tubes from the bottle to the doser and dropping 1 teeny tiny ml of Red Sea color program hahaha. i couldnt stand dosing 1 ml daily anymore, thats why i bought it. i also like that the controller is separate from the unit. ill send you a pic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: