STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
If you value your time don't WASTE your money on an apex. I bought a new apex Neptune and have had nothing but problems since day one and apex customer service basically treats u like you're lying about everything in an effort to not replace stuff. They won't trust me i installed the probes correctly. So you have to be by your apex Monday through Friday 9-5 est. already a pain because like most people I have a job. Then 30 minutes later the "technician" who is just a kid who goes through a printed out checklist and knows nothing about fishtanks. My salinity probe and temp probes are bad. Ok. So now I have to get them a copy of my receipt. But you register the product online when u start using it. So y do I need to send a receipt. But I do it and now they won't send me new probes until I send in the bad ones so they can diagnose them. If they determine they're bad they'll send me new ones. So what was the 30 minute phone call about? And how long am I supposed to go with out these probes?? I would not recommend this GARBAGE PRODUCT to anyone.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I have similar feeling on apex customer service is tough to get a hold of because like u said its 9-5 even if u find the time to call between those hrs u can wait forever my radions just wouldn't connect to my wxm no matter what I did
It is use full for other things though ur better off setting up a account on the fourm and posting questions there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLsharkvictim

Marine Aquarist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what you guys are talking about but I think there customer service is SUPERB! Matter a fact I had a question about my PM2 mod and my Salinity probe. They got back to within hours and walk me right through the process and got my reading on probe working perfect. It's sad b/c in my Opinion Apex is one of the nicest and most easiest friend controller on the market. I just got done building my Apex Control panel a few days ago. Also, added my Breakout box. I absolutely love there platform that they use Apex FUSION.....

FYI, if you can't wait for Neptune to get back to ya, your best bet would be to post your issues on there forum and you will get a response in a matter of minutes.

@STRIPERVIPER, what problems were you having maybe I can help mate?

Out,
FLSharkvictim

Attachments

• Amazon Tablet mount.jpg
    Amazon Tablet mount.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Probes

I u could fix broken probes u can help. 2 of the 4 probes that came w the unit were bad. According to them they rarely if ever have one bad probe. The odds of two bad probes is in the millions of not billions. It's statistically impossible. Either they're in on it or too stupid to see they were being taken. Either way I'm out!!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think in a few years these Apex are not going to be so popular. Let's face it almost every new piece of equipment is having they own app or controller. It still be good. But not to sure if it's worth it. It depends on each needs and what you want it to do. Now with lights, DC pumps and ATO and wave makers and dosers having they own controller makes it a little less tempting . It is expensive but nice when your away or on vacation. Unless they start coming down in price. And you know people will be getting upset when they release a newer phase.

Last edited:

FLsharkvictim

Marine Aquarist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did break and I some few technical problems and Neptune got back to me with 1 day and walked me write through it. 2nd these Apex controllers are worth every single penny to me, I would NEVER EVER set up a system without one and no I don't work for Apex or Neptune FYI! @STRIPERVIPER, some is not adding up, you said that two probes are bad when you bought the system correct? Well, if you did not buy 2nd hand, the disty that sold you this apex should be replacing the probes especially if you bought it directly. I know one thing if BRS sold you this Apex and you got the package and there were two broken probes, they would have had them at your front door within two business day or less. So long story short where did you buy your APEX FROM mate?
You know they do make other controls if you think Apex service's bad. Wait until you try dealing with the other 3 big name controllers customer service team. WOW..

Last edited:

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Customser service at neptune suck and i've told terrence when i saw him. I love how they always say the problem is water damage.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Hold on

First of all I bought my apex from an authorized dealer who is a sponsor on this site. Second y should the seller have to replace the probes? They don't make them. Apex does. I have not dealt w any other controllers customer service but I feel like I bought the rolls Royce of controllers. Unfortunately they treat me like I bought a YUGO if you're not old enough to remember that look it up. It's just bad business to treat customers like this.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Add to this the fact that all our old apex are now worthless because u will need an entire new apex for the new cal alk mag trident monitoring system
Now that's a slap in the face to apex loyal customers big time they claim the new Tec not comparable with the old apex and I'm calling BS on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow, you need to buy a whole new apex system to work with new trident. Think God I didn't waste my money. If a company does that that's not being faithful to they customers. I smell something dirty. Besides these things are only as good as they probes. And they not to good is what I'm told. A good probe would cost $300 and your not getting that from apex. They have good option but not worth it if you have your system double proof in case something fails.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I had an issue once and they were awesome. It turned out to be user error, I won't say whose. :)

Even still they were really cool, really helpful and it was not business hours. They left the ticket open for another week so I could have any additional questions I might have thought of answered really quickly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: