paronaram

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This is time that I need to move from Eheim Return Pump 1250 to something more quite , and I hear allot of good feedback on:
Jebao
Jecod
Aquarium Electric
Simplicity
Deepwtare Aquatic

This pumps are very look alike, it sims that they all build in the same factory.
Which one are you using? I don't need anything crazy, all I have is 30gallon + 20G sump
smallest from all this brands should work just fine

Thank you
Aram

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I have two Jebaos that are awesome and I'll rank that as follows:
They are really efficient in how much water they move for the wattage drawn.
The design is really well thought out, it comes with extra fittings in every size you could ever need and hose barbs.

The down sides are that they can be as reliable as a vectra. Both of my Jebaos have developed a high pitched wine. I'm replacing them with a Reef Octopus Varios pump. The Varios draw more power for the same GPH but they are silent and really reliable. You never see posts of them for sale nor of people complaining that they've died. You can't say that about Vectra pumps.

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is time that I need to move from Eheim Return Pump 1250 to something more quite , and I hear allot of good feedback on:
Jebao
Jecod
Aquarium Electric
Simplicity
Deepwtare Aquatic

This pumps are very look alike, it sims that they all build in the same factory.
Which one are you using? I don't need anything crazy, all I have is 30gallon + 20G sump
smallest from all this brands should work just fine

Thank you
Aram

I can also recommend Skimz Quiet Pro. Been running it for 8mos without any issues, it?s as quiet as Varios if not quieter , and about $100 cheaper plus BRS handles their warranty.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I have been using the Reef Octopus Varios 6 - very pleased plus it links to my Apex. To the point above my deciding factor of going with that over the Vectra was you don't see any for sale or hear any complaints about them plus the connectivity to Apex.

Last edited:

paronaram

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thank you All.
I think I will try Reef Octopus VARIOS-2, this should have enough circulation for 30Gallon on the 3'+ stand.
I would like to build a manifold for 3 x 1/4".
1- Calcium reactor
2- Chaeto reactor (1/4" in input should be enough?)
3- reserve

Do you think it will drop the pressure allot?
Ca Reactor requires dripping so not much water use there..

Aram.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Thank you All.
I think I will try Reef Octopus VARIOS-2, this should have enough circulation for 30Gallon on the 3'+ stand.
I would like to build a manifold for 3 x 1/4".
1- Calcium reactor
2- Chaeto reactor (1/4" in input should be enough?)
3- reserve

Do you think it will drop the pressure allot?
Ca Reactor requires dripping so not much water use there..

Aram.
I run a 2 for my reactors. GFO, carbon and calcium and have it on the 1st setting. I would think you would have enough. If in doubt go with the next model up I would rather throttle it back then run it on full blast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

paronaram

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yea, I know it's better to throttle, than later not have enough pressure...
But as we all know this hobby has no limit, I jumped from $89 pump to $194 :)
I can't go higher at this time
Will see how it will workout

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes you think these will be more quiet than your Eheim? Unless the old pump is worn out, broken, or mis-installed in some way it should be silent in operation.

(DC pumps are not a different kind of pump than AC pumps, so there's no reason to expect them to be more quiet than other very quiet pumps like Quiet One, Sicce or Eheim. DC pumps do, however, have more components and a higher failure rate that the added components would predict.)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: