Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hey All,

So I haven't set up my Apex yet, so this will sorta become moot when I do, but I am getting temperature readings all over the place with my tank and I'm trying to transfer my corals over.

All thermometers are located in the DT, about 6-8 inches below the surface, except for my Finnex heater controller, which is in the sump. Everything bought new.

I originally only had one of those white $3.99 magnetic ones while I was cycling, saying temp was about 80F. I then put on a Finnex heater controller as a safeguard and noticed it was reading my temp at 84! So I went out and bought another cheapo suction cup thermometer and one of those Digital black ones with the small prob. The cheapo reads at 79 and the digital at 83.1-82.8...

O, and my Eheim heater is set at 78 and the red light is never on that I notice. We keep the house warmer than most at 77F and the entire system is contained in cabinets. I do have an exhaust fan but trying to get this under control first without using that.

So my questions is, WTF?!?! Do I go with the digital readings or the simple, glass and plastic cheapo thermometers?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: