Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Question Lighting

I have a 55g tank. Has anyone used this light? Would I need one or two lights? Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Phlizon-Dimma...XZW0GXBHF9T7JJ
Old 10-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Send a Private Message
We generally refer to these as the Chinese black boxes and although I haven't used this one exactly I have used two different "brands" galaxy hydro and popular grow. And they both worked great. Had the galaxy hydro for around a year until I upgraded to the popular grow ( because it has wifi and a phone app, around $130 on eBay). If you decide to go with these I would go with two for a 55G. I was using one on a 40B and the edges were a bit dim compared to the center.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Send a Private Message
Hey how are these lights vs the kessil ot radions I am preparing to buy wow the price is low I can buy a ton of new stuff if I went this route