Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2019, 10:44 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Westchester Lights for new tank

I am starting a 120 gallon reef tank. Planning on just doing lps corals. The tank is 48x24. What is everyones opinion on lights and why
Old 03-04-2019, 01:04 AM
Reefer Ratings: (69 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
depends a lot on your budget. I would say a reefbreeder photon v2 is a good mid point
Old 03-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
I have the same tank and switched from a Orbit Marine LED to a Kessil AP700. Its a little pricy but it puts out an awesome spectrum and shimmer is amazing. My tank is mainly LPS and everything is growing and happy but all Im comparing it to is my previous lights which was a little lack luster. That said the programming is super simple, and I love the look. Tons of people run and love Radions and get amazing results with them, but you can always tell when a tank is running a Kessil, Im just a sucker for the shimmer.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:37 PM
Reefer Ratings: (12 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
I love the ease of using T5s. You don't have to worry about spectrum or intensity, you just plug the light in and it works. One less thing to worry about. You can also buy a 6 or 8 bulb fixture and use 4 or 6 of the bulbs if you only want LPS. In the future you can use the other bulbs if you want to dive into SPS.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:23 AM
Reefer Ratings: (9 (100%)
Send a Private Message
I would do either AI Hydra 26 hD or Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture. The Aquatic Life give you the flexibility to add LED lights. T5 you all set for LPS and SPS.. Can't go wrong.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:52 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Send a Private Message
I have (4) AI Hydra 26 - 1 year old and available for good price, PM me if interested