Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Aquamaxx Ws1 owners - bubble wrap inside skimmer

I just got the Aquamaxx Ws1.
Inside the skimmer, there is a piece of bubble wrap between the pump and the bottom.
Is it meant to be there or not? I thought it might be there to silence the pump but I never saw a piece of bubble wrap inside a skimmer, pretty odd.
If I want to take it out I need to disassemble the whole skimmer.
It's not easy to get there.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 06-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Reefer Ratings: (53 (100%)
Friends: (27)
Send a Private Message
I would take that bubble wrap out. It’s going to fall apart pretty quickly and will clog the pump

Elos System 70 SPS
90 FOWLR
Old 06-16-2019, 02:05 AM
Reefer Ratings: (16 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
Hey there,

It is only there to protect the pump during transport. It is actually easy to remove. Just unplug the white part that contains the venturi, then slide up the tall vertical piece of acrylic. The pump is attached to that.