deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
just got in the number 4 pump and its a pretty good pump setup is easy and the swivel is a +++.the flow is decent not to aggressive.need patients when trying to dircet flow to hit dead spots.

Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
My experience with the Koralia pump has been stellar. I bought a Model #3 just to see what the hype was about. It has since replaced my Seio 820 in my display tank. After a few weeks of use without issue, I decided to order a Model #4 to replace my Seio 1500.

Like any in-tank powerhead, there's always a chance a fish could get caught up on the intake. With that said, I believe the Hydor's design is less dangerous (i.e. more open) than the Seios.

My only hope is that the Model #4 works with a Seio controller :scratch: The Model #3 sucked in water, whenever the controller reduced speed :headache:

If your decision is between Hydor & Seio, the clearcut choice is Koralia.

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Good pump for the money. I have 2 #4 pumps running in my 75 for over a week now. Lots of even, multidirectional flow. Magnets seem strong but if the pump ever disengages from the magnet there will be hell to pay in the tank as the motor is on the inside. Set up was easy & if you shop around you can get a deal. Swivel is a good feature. Flow rate is not adjustable. Overall they are quiet but I have them on a wave timer & they are noisy on startup. Pumps have a large footprint in the tank which might be a concern for some. Large exposed opening in the front - if a snail hits it I don't know if it would stop & burn out?? Hope not.

Last edited:

dannyl

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How does the swivel works. Does the pump swivel on its own?

Good pump for the money. I have 2 #4 pumps running in my 75 for over a week now. Lots of even, multidirectional flow. Magnets seem strong but if the pump ever disengages from the magnet there will be hell to pay in the tank as the motor is on the inside. Set up was easy & if you shop around you can get a deal. Swivel is a good feature. Flow rate is not adjustable. Overall they are quiet but I have them on a wave timer & they are noisy on startup. Pumps have a large footprint in the tank which might be a concern for some. Large exposed opening in the front - if a snail hits it I don't know if it would stop & burn out?? Hope not.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: