A

Anonymous

I have a tubrofloater protein skimmer in my sump. It came with the pump. I have had it for about 6 months. It seems to have stopped skimming the tank. There still appears to be adequate bubbles coming from the pump. I have tanken the pump apart and cleaned it a couple of times to see if that helps. It seems to help for a couple of days and then stop.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, how did you correct the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
Sometimes the air inlet gets clogged with crud and needs to be cleaned.I'm talking about the pvc fitting that the airline connects to.Take the skimmer apart again and use a small nail or a drill bit and clean out the small holes.I suggest that you do this every month or so to keep the Turbo going strong.Great skimmer BTW.Bob

------------------
My new reef web site: http://bobsreefermadness.homestead.com/index.html

A

Anonymous

I put a piece of paper towel rolled up in the end of my air intake tube on my skimmer and change it weekly to keep the dust from building up and clogging it up. It also helps to keep the sucking noise down that the air intake line creates.

Also, I have found that I can clean the air intake on my skimmer by putting my finger over the end of the air intake line and blocking air flow completely. I do this until the waterlevel in the skimmer reaches the top of the skimmer (not into bubble catch chamber) and then release. The instant rush of air seems to clean out the air intake line and increase bubble flow to the skimmer and increase skimming. I do this 2-3 times each time I see that it appears my skimmer is not as "active" with bubbles. Works for me and sounds like your skimmer is similar............RR

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: