A

Anonymous

I am trying to replace my internal powerheads with an electronic timed ball valve. Any suggestions on Brands,places to but and approx cost. Must be able to handle approx 1500 gal/hr flow and 3/4" plumbing.All info greatly appreciated

------------------
What price we pay for the
ultimate Reef.

A

Anonymous

My valve has been running for about 2 years, switching ever few minutes.

- Greg Hiller

Plastics Etc.

Work: 800-241-8414

165 Flagship Drive

North Andover, MA 01845

Note:
Bought 3 -way 3/4 " motoized balls valve from them for 212.68 plus tax. Contact name was Bill.

------------------
- Greg Hiller
need frags in the Boston area? E-mail me

A

Anonymous

I just set up a threeway ball valve I got from Custom Aquatic (customaquatic.com). The valve is a 1.5 inches make by Hayward (cost 379.99). It handle the flow from my AquaSea 4700, rated at about 4000 gal/hr at 6' head. It work beautifully as a wavemaker for my 400 gal tank. It supose to last >100,000 cycles. I think I will alternate the flow every 2 hrs.

------------------
Minh Nguyen
Visit my reef at:
http://sites.netscape.net/austinnguyen/homepage

A

Anonymous

I'm using 2 1/2" units from plast-o-matic valves, inc. The actuator(ebv-65)uses 1/2" thru 1" ball valves, all interchangable. I don't know the flow rates, check their website at www.plastomatic.com. I just started using mine, but a friend has had them on her's for over 2 yrs. running flawlessly; they claim they are good for over 1 million cycles. We have them set on a cycle alternating every 10 minutes... Oh, sit down, they are over $300. each, unless you can find them somewhere like eBay.

A

Anonymous

FWIW, my 3/4" valve was also a Hayward brand valve. I'd try the Plastics Etc. number to get a cheap valve.

- Greg Hiller

------------------
- Greg Hiller
need frags in the Boston area? E-mail me

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: