Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
#1the Prizm Skimmer Delux for marine & reef aquariums rated for up to 100 gallons.

The Prizm Deluxe is an "upgraded" version of the regular Prizm. The Surface skimmer attachment is included which is an important incorporation because roughly 70% of accumulated protein and waste material in an aquarium are in the top 1" of the water. The surface skimmer attachment allows for the top surface water to be drawn into the water inlet pipe of the skimmer, so you are constantly removing the maximum amount of waste from the aquarium. This upgrade alone will provide significant increases in protein and waste removal. The second upgrade is the inclusion of a refillable media basket. This basket can be filled with either biological or chemical media to obtain the desired results. The basket is easily refillable and allows you to change the type of media according to your needs. Placed in the water outflow chamber the basket comes into contact with virtually all of the water as it passes out of the skimmer. The use of the media basket turns your skimmer into a full purpose filter for most marine aquariums.

#2 I took this synopsis from a site where the skimmer is for sale and it couldn't be more wrong this description is advertising at it's best. Warning a skimmer is only good if it works. I give it a 2 in performance and workability 10 being the best. The only reason i didnt give it a "0" is because it does work better then my last skimmer the Sea Clone SCPS100 that thing was a "0". The Prizm does collect some scum but getting it to work correctly for more then 2 days without adjusting the intake flow is a myth. The system frequently looses suction and has to be reset. Even worse it will lull u into thinking it is working correctly and then you hear the loud sucking sound like it lossed suction then it quickly fills to the brim and overflows flooding your living room. But if your not home to hear the sucking sound u could come home to half empty tank and a large puddle on your floor.Using this skimmer is a full time job that requires constant supervision. I guess I expected more for a 115 bucks.

Last edited:

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I used this in the past..it overflows, and also doesnt skim much at all. the surface part is good, but only if you have an ATO..the cup doesnt float.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: