Status
Not open for further replies.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Does anybody have problems with flickering and sometimes the blues not coming on?

I want to say it's my programming for the PAR Table but highly doubt it because once I restart the lamps... it goes back to normal.

azazel

electronics designer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"lamps" ? do you mean both master and slave are flickering at the same time??

It may be not software bug, but malfunction of cable connector between computer unit and driver board inside master lamp. This may be "cold soldering" too. Try to shock lamp softly and observe if its stop flickering.

Last edited:

JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
My only issue I have is my actinics never change from 16K...They will do it temporarily when I have the program open only...I have tried applying, then restarting and disconnecting and varying different orders of operation and everytime the lamp starts the next day it is always at 16K lol

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
I spoke with Ted and Azazel and few suggestions for thouse who want to use PAR table:

- give at least one minute difference between orders, so if you set certain values from 11am to 11:30am, the next one should start at least at 11:31am

if the timing is overlaping it may cause problems as described by Ted. same goes to sunrise/sunset. if you have sunrise set for 60 minutes starting at 10:00am, first PAR table change should start at 11:01am.

JohnyIce - you have the version from Nov '09 - I need to update your firmware so you can run software 5.01 - I will be at MR Swap so anyone who wants the firmware update - I will be there. Other arrangments - please PM and we will work out something.

Does anybody have problems with flickering and sometimes the blues not coming on?

I want to say it's my programming for the PAR Table but highly doubt it because once I restart the lamps... it goes back to normal.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Now these LED threads got me thinking. I currently have a 40 breeder and im using a 36" Sunpower T5 fixture. Would getting the 160W BT EX be sufficient enough for a SPS dominated tank or would a 1w fixture work? Also the tank is 36" long and about 15" deep. Would the 15" LED fixture spread to each side enough?

leifkrarup

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• seriatophora1.jpg
    seriatophora1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 641
Last edited:

leifkrarup

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, great shimmer from the lights. Nice Job!!!!
Yes!.. before I used an eight bulb T5 fixture and had no shimmer at all....I really didn?t expect it from the PS units since the leds are without focal lenses, so it was a great and unexpected surprise to turn them on and discover that they actually provided a nice shimmer.
I?ve got the best of two worlds: energy savings and a nice shimmer :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello,

how can i update my lamps from 4.1 to 5.1??

i deinstall the old version on the computer and install the newest software on it, is that all i have to do??

or must the lamps also be updatet, and how it works?

thx michael

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have update now the newest software and when i restart the lamp i have also a flickering "the blue leds goes off every 2 seconds on each moduls, master and slave" then i restart it again and after 3 on and offs of the blues the flickering ends

michael

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
Michael - it is not that simple as changing the software - you need to update the firmware to be able to run new software. same logic as you go between different models of Profilux. before running Profilux III software from Profilux II, you need to update the frimware. Contact your retailer or them directly at [email protected] for instructions on how to update your lamp and necessary firmware.

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
ok, few things that were brought to my attention:

1) mooncycle option and slave following master. After talking to Azazel the difference of around 3-4% from master to slave is implemented from the beginning.

so if lets say if you set moonlight below 5% or active moon cylce at 10% and few days go by and your moon power dips below 5% on LCD screen --- you will see that slaves moonlights will be off while master will be on.

This is the way lamps should behave.

Ted - PM sent.

Tapout

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what photoperiod are people using? Also is there somewhere I can figure what % of blue/white equals in kelvin i.e. 50/50= what k rating, 90/50 = what k rating, 50/90= what k rating and so forth. Thank you, jared

Last edited:

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Which Lamp do you have?
The 2009 Pythons with software 3.1 use to allow you to set percentage for blues and whites separately, the 2010 Pythons with software 5.1 only has a slidebar for kelvin temp adjustment which changes the blues and whites accordingly.
I had my 2009 Python's firmware updated to accept the 5.1 software and it was set on a default by Azazel to 18k which I believe is 100% whites and blues. If I recall correctly, the previous software had the kelvin temp at 17k for 100% whites and blues.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you that own PacSun Black Python units... are the LED bulbs easy to remove? I'm assuming at some point the bulbs will need to be replaced (hopefully significantly before the unit), and I was wondering if it's an easy 'unscrew this bulb, screw that one in' or if changing bulbs would require soldering. Thanks!

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
Hi - Jared. nice to see you here :) I will ask Azazel about it and send you the info on how they arrived at it.

Wijic - based on my knowledge - 1W units are easier to replace any bulb than 3W units.

rafal07013

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
24   2   0
Not sure I follow you on this one. would you want a step by step guide on how to replace led bulb? I am not sure if anything like that is available. I may put you in touch with some who may answer your question in greater details - just PM with your email address.

Thanks, Rafal! Do you know what the process would entail/where I could find that info?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I follow you on this one. would you want a step by step guide on how to replace led bulb? I am not sure if anything like that is available. I may put you in touch with some who may answer your question in greater details - just PM with your email address.

Basically, I'm just trying to understand if replacing an LED bulb is more complicated than replacing a T5 or MH bulb. I'm guessing, from your reply, that it rather is. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: