ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
my r/o unit is only around a month old. i hooked it up at my buddies house and ran it with around 75-80 psi. his water pressure was pretty good. thats what the lady on the phone from the company told us to run it on. he had a nice simple stream of r/o water being made and fills 2 garbage cans in a day. i hooked it up at my place. i have around the same water pressure. i can only get around 34-40 psi and a steady drip of water made. its rated 100gph a day. it takes from 9 in the morning til 9 the next day to get around 3/4 garbage can full. i read about booster pumps. how does it work and what do you sugguest? either what booster pump or another way to speed up my water. i did try other water lines in my house and its all the same. the cord off the faucet is only around 2 foot from the R/O. the TDS reads at 0 still but its not a good enough pressure to get that 75-80 range. what do you reccomend? any other methods? ideas? comments? doing something wrong? want to make fun of me? call me names? help me? fix my problem? please do so. thanks

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hey Ryan the psi to the house from the local water district isnt the reading that matters its what you get out of your faucets. If thats only 30-40 i would get a booster pump to bring it up to the required psi and I think youd see the same as when you had it at your buddies house. Theres a model most people prefer not sure something AquaTech 8800 if I recall right. Im sure people that run that pump will chime in here, I would get that model and would probably be happy with the results...Good luck

ScorpionSys

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
LOL I wish I never told my wife I needed more pressure for my tank instead of a little booster for the rodi Unit she made me get a plumber to install a $1500 whole house booster. Reason was if I could boost the pressure for the tank she needed more pressure for her shower.

When I was looking I looked into both premate pumps that use the waste water to add pressure somehow no electric needed sounded good but I have no first hand experience.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
LOL I wish I never told my wife I needed more pressure for my tank instead of a little booster for the rodi Unit she made me get a plumber to install a $1500 whole house booster. Reason was if I could boost the pressure for the tank she needed more pressure for her shower.

When I was looking I looked into both premate pumps that use the waste water to add pressure somehow no electric needed sounded good but I have no first hand experience.

LOL thats funny

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: