ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
my unit is only a month or so old. today i noticed the tds is 03. usually its zero. i have made around 200gallons so far. i flushed it and its still around 02 03. you think one could be worn up already? if so which one you think it is?

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
coming in alters alot. sometimes its like 32 up to 120. its weird. it goes back and forth depending on the day. out use to be 0. now its 02 03. i mean is 02 03 bad or should i not be using the water if its 03?

nyfynest22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
my lfs when i was buying from them before i bought a ro/di unit and they told me there reading was 5 tds and i never had any problems, so im not sure how to answer that i dont think its horrible 200 tds is comming in on mine, and 0 out.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
well its a four chamber system with three chambers on bottom and one on top. the one all the way to the left is turning brown/orange. could that need to be changed already. like i said i have only had it for 2 months. maybe i did not flush it long enough? or is flushing have nothing to do with fixing this problem?

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
ok so its no big deal? i just have a whole garbage can made. i tested the water par. and everything is perfect. i just noticed its not 0 anymore on the tds so i wanted to make sure.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
If you have an inline dual TDS meter on your RO/DI unit, you want the "input" (TDS) placed right after the RO membrane output and the "output" (TDS) after the DI output.
This way you can see what the TDS level coming out of the RO membrane is. If it's more then the spec of the membrane (ie 75gpd filmtec, something like 98.7% & your incoming is 100, output from the membrane should be less then 2 ppm TDS), then your membrane might be damaged or possible not correctly seated if brand new.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If you have an inline dual TDS meter on your RO/DI unit, you want the "input" (TDS) placed right after the RO membrane output and the "output" (TDS) after the DI output.
This way you can see what the TDS level coming out of the RO membrane is. If it's more then the spec of the membrane (ie 75gpd filmtec, something like 98.7% & your incoming is 100, output from the membrane should be less then 2 ppm TDS), then your membrane might be damaged or possible not correctly seated if brand new.

+1 it will never be 0 from the RO to DI. Mine reads 3 - 5 after the RO and 0 after the DI. Its after the DI that it should read 0 but I also dont think 2 or 3 is bad just if it gets much higher is time to change--- your unit should make WAY more than 200 gallons before it exhausts the membrane. Make sure like Pecan said that your meter is hooked up in the right places

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ro

Using your ro unit more then it is rated GPD might make the numbers change. I have changed the first filter already in my ro/di system already cause I too saw it change colors and the flow was a little slower.. But you can also call the company who made the unit and see what they say and reccomend with filter changes.. My ro/di makers said the first filter will be the one I change the most, and then the second one will be next, 2 to 1.. 02 or 03 isnt that bad but I have heard 05 starts trouble and alge growth.. But thats what I have heard.. Good Luck..

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Most of the prefilters are rated anywhere from 1500 to 3000 gallons of service life so unless you have filthy tap/municipal/ground water, I think that 2 to 3 months is premature for a change.
Rule of thumb is to change your sediment & carbon block filters every 6 months and your DI when exhausted. Membrane should be when the TDS output is higher then the spec of the membrane or if you accidently ran hot water through it.

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
i have a tds meter someone gave me. anyone have a diagram on how to properly install the meters. ot didn't come with directions and i didn't want to cut lines before i knew what i was doing. thanks

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i checked everything you guys said and the in and out meter is correct where you said they should be. thing is im also not running the correct psi. i can not get my pressure high enough and dont feel like getting a booster pump if not manditory. i bring it to my buds house and his water psi on it is perfect so i used it there now. like i said its only been around 200 gallons or so i made so far. i was just curious on this who 2-3 tds reading.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290389855255&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

this is the system i have

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: