Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
How much space do you have (is it going in the 15G sump I gave you?) and how much $$ do you want to spend?

If you have the room, you could always do something external.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Take whatever you're willing to spend and add a few bucks more.

use your tanks livestock capacity as a guide and buy a skimmer for a bit more capacity.

solracju

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
its a 24'' x 12'' x12'' sump baffles still not installed.dp tank is only 15 gallon(thanks (keithp) so i might of over done it on the 40 gallon part(lol). dont really trust it i dont have the space to put the skimmer outside. have more than a 12'' of head room. trying to make a nano reef with like 2-3 fish. is this better specs?? also some 1 gave a seaclone but dont know if i should even use that from what i hear it sucks.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You need to commit to how much sump space you can dedicate to the skimmer.
You need baffles/bubble trap, return pump, drain area, etc. All these things take up precious space.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Sea-Clown, really?

I'm sure he was joking.........

You should probably search the Jackson6745 skimmer thread here on MR or this thread on RC to get some ideas and input from other users. Hopefully you'll find someone with a similar sized tank

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1589426

As previously mentioned sump space and budget are primary considerations. You also want a skimmer rated 2-3x your total system volume

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have played with several skimmers of various designs and to be honest for the money i could not be happier with the coralife needle wheel 125 that im currently running i know they make a smaller 75 that can either be hang on or in sump (like i said for the money) i think they're fantastic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: