dcook

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using these fixtures?

1) Panorama led fixture
2) Panorama Module
3) powerbrite by current usa
I know there only 1w i'v been using 2 currents PowerBrite 460nm Actinic 1w lighting system 10hrs per day.
supplememtal my 250w HQI 14k 6hrs per day with great success. i know 3w is better.
i dont think i need to spend $1200+ for an name brand led fixture...
Anyone using

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
The ecoxotic products are pricey. Druetz and I have done quite alot of researching on them. We have been speaking with ike from ecoxotic about the panarama modules for a while. originally he told us they are great for growth. then after i seen them in person and seen how dull they are i decided to write him an email. Now he is claiming they are more for looks then par and that they are releasing ones with lenses this month.[ if anyone wants emails please pm me and i will send you atleast 10-15 back and forth messages.]

the full system with 6 modules is good for growth but they are definitely weak leds comparable to other systems..so for the price they are definitely not worth it.

i have seen the single modules and they are weak. they use a stronger led then the powerbites but do not have any lenses.. they are pretty dull looking if you ask me. definitely a yellow tint and dont light up an aquarium like you would expect them too.

ike from ecoxotic stated they have grown softies and lps with them for the last 6 months with good growth.. but he said that they will be releasing new ones with Lenses. 45 and 60 degree ones by the end of the month that will be great for growth and that those are the ones i should buy for "GROWTH". claiming 250-300 par at 12" [how true it is i do not know.]

he literally stated in a message that the current panarama modules are more for color enhancements which i couldnt believe he wrote because less than a month ago he was promoting them as main light source and perfect for keeping anything. Funny how the stories have changed. [ask for emails]

im sure this comment will stir some controversy especially since i know one member on here runs them on one of his nanos and said they are growing coral. but they arent worth the money in my opinion.

the new ones with lenses are expected to be 115-125 a piece from what he has told me. but he also told me i wouldnt want the white/blue combo and that i should buy the all blue ones... keep in mind this was clearly about the panaramic modules and not the stunners.

for aesthetics purposes the stunners and powerbrites are great. i use the powerbrites now and i love them when mounted high to avoid the spotlight effect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: