• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Tarazed

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
pump

I've seen mag no sedra. Why not order it online from a vendor that is "local"? The tank will be fine for a few days running without the skimmer IMHO. A lot of folks run tanks simmerless on purpose! If your concerned ship it next day or overnight.

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
does anyone know where locally in LI i can get this pump with the needle whell impellar.the lights were flickering last night and blew my skimmer pump..please help

Did you have a surge before the lights went out? Are you certain the pump is fried. I know with my Sedra 3500 when I shut down skimmer, sometimes I have trouble restarting. I just remove it, clean off the impeller of calcium with some white vinegar and soak the pump for a bit. That worked for me the few times I have had trouble. If it does not LMK, I may have a 3500 lying around.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
no its the pump.when i plg it in i try and not put the impellar in all the way to see just so the magnets make contact and it wont start.i believe the magnet was swollen cause i used to have to blow into it to get it to spin.and with the lights flickering the impellar stayed in 1 spot and pump ws smoking.james please LMK if u do.that will be great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: